Our Top Tips for Buying Car Parts
- October 23, 2017
- No Comments
Replacing and buying car parts is an important part of general car maintenance. Whether you rely on your mechanic or smash repairer to do it or you take on the search yourself, we recommend understanding a few key tips. There are some “tricks of the trade” that can make the process a lot more hassle free. And often cheaper too.
We asked the experienced customer service and sales team here at ASV Euro Car Parts to share with us their top tips for anyone looking at buying car parts. So next time your mechanic says you need a new part, or you go on the hunt to find that special part for your beloved car, make sure you refer to the below:
1. Shop Around – Your mechanic should always try to get you the right part as quickly as possible. But it’s important to do your own research and shop around. A lot of our customers have been told they have to wait 3 to 4 weeks for a new replacement OEM part to be dispatched from overseas. But when they speak with us, we can ship a quality, reconditioned or used part for a much cheaper price. With same day shipping!
Alternatively, we might have a different OEM brand available immediately that your mechanic didn’t know about.
2. Know your numbers – You have to know your vin number to purchase any parts for you car. This is for new and recycled car parts. It is also important to know your car model, make and year. Without the right numbers, you run the risk of getting a part that doesn’t match.
3. Get a warranty – Whether you are getting OEM or used parts, you need to ask for a warranty. It’s important to know that if there are any problems shortly after you’ve installed the part within your car, you are covered under a parts warranty.
4. Buy from a reliable seller – Make sure you are buying your parts from a reliable seller or dealer.
5. Compare New Versus Old – We recommend comparing the price of reconditioned and good quality used parts with OEM parts. It is also good to compare current availability of both. Sometimes one may be available much quicker than the other which could make a huge difference to the overall costs you incur to get your car back on the road.
If you have any other questions, you can contact our experienced team of specialists on 13 88 00 for new and used car parts.